From 6-8 p.m. on November 2, 2019, a rally themed “Stand With Hong Kong” was held by civil society organizations at Hongdae Street in Seoul, South Korea. Hundreds of participants including Christians of(CAG) gathered in support of the Emergency Call for Aid and Autonomy Rally in Hong Kong. According to reports, concurrent marches were held in 45 cities of 17 countries to show solidarity with Hong Kong.
Ventus Lau, Hong Kong activist and organizer of the Emergency Call for Aid and Autonomy Rally, said that 112 is an international emergency telephone number and the rally was scheduled on November 2 to call on all countries to suspend the exports of the crowd control equipment to Hong Kong police, and urge international relief organizations to dispatch their staff to Hong Kong for assistance and observation.
1. Hundreds gather at the Exit 9 of Hongik University Station in support of HK, including CAG Christians.
2. The organizers speak at the gathering.
3. A CAG Christian makes a speech.
4. The organizers walk in front of the rally holding a banner reading “SOS HK”.
5. The organizers walk in front of the rally holding a banner reading “SOS HK”.
6. CAG Christians hold signs in the procession.
7. CAG Christians hold signs in the procession.
8. The marching crowd
9. At the rally
10. At the rally
11. At the rally
12. At the rally
13. The Lennon Wall covered with people’s support and blessings for Hong Kong.